WDS Early Career Researchers and Scientists (ECR) Network
Do you want to contribute to the development of next generation data practices, meet fellow Early Career Researchers (ECR), or become involved in WDS endeavours? If so, the WDS-ECR Network has been designed for you!
The role of our network is to help foster better communication among ECRs, design activities targeting ECR interests and concerns, and share ideas on how ECRs can best shape their role for future data management and sharing.
If you are keen to become involved in WDS endeavours and would like to contribute to advancing data stewardship, join us by sending us an email at: email@example.com
Looking forward to welcoming you to the Network.
|Co-chairs: Sabrina Delgado Arias (Science Systems and Applications, Inc./NASA GSFC, USA), Alice Fremand (British Antarctic Survey, UK), Ivan Pyshnograiev (Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute, Ukraine)|
- Setup and maintain a WDS ECR Network web presence.
- Communicate with, and reach out to, other ECRs about the role of WDS.
- Promote and expand participation in the WDS Data Stewardship Award.
- Increase participation in WDS collaborator meetings/activities to raise awareness of the ECR Network and to learn of new initiatives that may be of interest.
- Identify and propose activities that would be attractive to ECRs, including for WDS events (e.g., SciDataCon and International Data Week).
- Provide input to, and comment on, WDS training activities and education documents.
- Explore and communicate data management standards and best practices.
- Organize workshops and conferences in data management, data analysis, and data sharing.
- Support the development of junior data scientists in career progression, and raise the profile of the discipline amongst the scientific community.
World Data System
The World Data System (WDS) is a body of the International Science Council (ISC) that helps to coordinate and supports research data centres and data services worldwide. WDS activities span all disciplines, and are designed to ensure that research data are preserved and openly disseminated to safeguard the integrity of science. WDS is also concerned with the availability to scientists and policymakers of the critical information necessary to manage Earth’s resources wisely.
Recognizing the important role of Early Career Researchers in developing and promoting best practice in data management, data analysis and data sharing, WDS establishes a Network of Early Career Researchers and Scientists (collectively ECRs), to help foster better communication among ECRs, and to design activities targeting their interests and concerns.