SciDataCon 2016 – Advancing the Frontiers of Data in Research
Call for Sessions at SciDataCon 2016
Deadline: midnight UTC, 14 February 2016
The Call for Sessions will be followed by a Call for Papers (deadline: 17 April 2016) which will invite:
1) Papers specifically for sessions approved from the current call; or
2) Papers submitted independent of approved sessions (which if selected will be organized into thematic sessions by the Conference Committee).
SciDataCon 2016 and International Data Week
SciDataCon 2016 is part of International Data Week 2016, a major event that brings together all those who care about the role of data in research, including researchers, data scientists, data stewards, data librarians, as well as industry leaders, entrepreneurs, and policy makers, to explore how best to exploit the Data Revolution to improve our knowledge and benefit society through data-driven innovation.
The agenda for the week comprises three complementary events:
- SciDataCon 2016 (Mon, 12 Sept – Tue, 13 Sept)
A scientific research conference dedicated to addressing fundamental issues and advancing the frontiers of data science and data stewardship, convened by ICSU CODATA and the ICSU World Data System.
- An International Data Forum (Wed, 14 Sept)
This will be an agenda-setting event that will define and advance the state-of-the-art in collaboration between research, industry, citizen science, data activism, and education.
- 8th Research Data Alliance Plenary Meeting (Thu, 15 Sept – Fri, 16 Sept)
An assembly of the research data community creating and presenting implementable solutions to enable data sharing.
|When||from 11 Sep 09:00 AM to 13 Sep 2016 06:00 PM|
|Where||Sheraton Downtown Hotel in Denver, Colorado|
|Contact Name||Mustapha Mokrane|
|Add event to Calendar|