WDS-IPO 5th Anniversary
This ceremony and symposium will commemorate five years of successful collaboration between the Japanese National Institute of Information and Communications Technology (NICT) and the International Council of Science (ICSU) for the hosting and support of the World Data System International Programme Office (IPO).
The IPO was first established in April 2011 and was later formally inaugurated in May 2012. To ensure stable operation of the IPO, a new hosting agreement was signed on 21 September last year in Paris covering the period from 1 April 2016 until 31 March 2021.
During this commemorative event several presentations and two lectures will address past achievements, future development and also the challenges and opportunities for WDS in the evolving international landscape of research data sharing and stewardship.
Part 1: Opening Session
- Dr Masao Sakauchi, NICT President
- Professor Keisuke Hanaki, Science Council of Japan Vice President
- Remarks from International Council for Science (ICSU):
Led by: Dr Lucilla Spini, ICSU Head of Science Programmes
- Professor Gordon McBean, ICSU President (video message)
- Professor Kazuyuki Tatsumi, ICSU Executive Board Member
- Professor Sandy Harrison, WDS Scientific Committee Chair
- Dr Mustapha Mokrane, WDS-IPO Executive Director
- Dr Yasuhiro Murayama, WDS Scientific Committee NICT ex-officio
Part 2: Symposium
- Dr Ingrid Dillo, WDS Scientific Committee Vice-chair
- Dr Masaru Kitsuregawa, National Institute of Informatics Director General
- Professor Emeritus Norihisa Doi, Keio University
Attendance is free, however prior registration by email is strongly recommended. Please send your full name and affiliation by email to email@example.com
Japanese to English and English to Japanese simultaneous interpretation will be available.
|When||from 02:00 PM to 06 Apr 2016 04:20 PM|
|Where||3rd Floor, TKP Ochanomizu Conference Hall, Tokyo, Japan|
|Contact Name||Takashi Watanabe|
|Add event to Calendar|