GEO Data Providers Workshop
Data providers/Members of ICSU-WDS interested in contributing to the Group on Earth Observations' GEOSS are invited to attend the 2nd GEO workshop, whether your data are already brokered by GEOSS or if your data could be integrated as a new resource.
The First GEO Data Providers workshop was held as a side event during the GEO-XIII Plenary in St. Petersburg, to strengthen the dialogue with data providers in order to improve the discoverability, accessibility, and usability of GEOSS resources.
Given the high level of interest and success of the first one, a more comprehensive two-day event will be hosted by the Italian National Research Council in Florence, Italy. The Second GEO Data Providers Workshop will take place on 20–21 April 2017, in collaboration with European Space Agency.
Objectives of the workshop:
- Grow the GEO Data Providers community and discuss key principles.
- Embrace the GEOSS Vision: To realize a future where decisions and actions, for the benefit of humankind, are informed by coordinated, comprehensive and sustained Earth observation information and services.
- Learn more about GCI operations.
- Dialogue on critical elements like metadata, data quality and GEOSS Data Management Principles.
- Learn about GEOSS brokering agreements—how to contribute data and resources to GEOSS.
- Learn more about how data are used by users.
- Discuss Open Access—beyond discovery, data policy.
- Discuss benefits and issues for GEOSS Data Providers.
WDS is leading the work on implementation of the GEO Data Management Principles, including through the Core Certification of Data Repositories. A dedicated hands-on session is planned on Day 2.
More detailed information (agenda, logistics, registration) is available here: http://www.earthobservations.org/me_201704_dpw.php
|When||09:00 AM, 20 Apr 2017–06:00 PM, 21 Apr 2017|
|Contact Name||Paola de Salvo|
|Add event to Calendar|