Job Opportunity: Executive Director WDS-IPO
Executive Director of the ICSU World Data System (WDS)
The position of Executive Director of the WDS International Programme Office is open for applications until 29 July 2018. The Executive Director will lead the WDS-IPO hosted by the National Institute of Information and Communications Technology (NICT) in Tokyo, Japan with core funding provided by NICT. The Executive Director works under the scientific guidance of the WDS Scientific Committee (WDS-SC) responsible for the overall scientific planning and oversight of the programme. The IPO is also supported by a Programme Officer, an Administrative Officer, and a Senior Advisor.
Under the guidance of the WDS-SC, the Executive Director will be expected to:
- facilitate the development, implementation and coordination of WDS projects and joint projects with partners;
- liaise with WDS members and other stakeholders;
- ensure effective representation of WDS and links between WDS and other relevant international and national programmes and their sponsoring organisations, relevant entities of the United Nations system, as well as the international policy community and funding agencies;
- promote WDS internationally;
- in collaboration with the WDS-SC, coordinate the preparation of proposals to secure supplemental funding of WDS operations and projects by governmental and private funding organizations worldwide;
- promote the establishment and/or recruitment of WDS members; and.
- travel extensively internationally to attend meetings and liaise with stakeholders
Applications should include: (i) a Curriculum Vitae (ii) a letter outlining the skills and experience relevant to WDS and its IPO; and (iii) the names and contact details of three individuals who have indicated their readiness to provide a reference.
|When||10:55 PM, 01 May 2018–11:55 PM, 29 Jul 2018|
|Add event to Calendar|