World Data System Asia–Oceania Conference 2017
The aims of the WDS Asia–Oceania Conference 2017 are to reinforce the data stewardship community in the Asia–Oceania region and to help establish a collaborative system for access to and dissemination of research data. The Conference will bring together data practitioners, data repository managers, and researchers; in particular, those supporting current international research priorities such as the ICSU sponsored programmes: Future Earth, Integrated Research on Disaster Risk, and Urban Health and Wellbeing.
The main objectives of the Conference are to:
- Strengthen collaboration between countries in the Asia–Oceania region around WDS activities.
- Build and expand the WDS community in the Asia–Oceania region.
- Exchange experience on successful WDS Trustworthy Data Repositories certification and membership.
- Encourage former ICSU World Data Centres to join WDS.
- Introduce advanced technologies connected with WDS-oriented activities.
- Promote WDS activities in support of Future Earth in the Asia–Oceania region.
|Tue, 26 Sept||Cooperative Event: Data-Analysis Workshop on Solar-terrestrial Environment||Cooperative Event: Data-Analysis Workshop on Solar-terrestrial Environment|
|Wed, 27 Sept||Registration
Discussions on Strategies of the Conference
|Thu, 28 Sept||Reports of Data-oriented Activities||International and Interdisciplinary Collaborations on Data|
|Fri, 29 Sept||Discussion on Action Plan||Workshop on WDS Membership Accreditation|
Abstract Submission: 15 July 2017
Application for Support: 31 May 2017
Registration: 31 August 2017
Hotel Reservation: 31 August 2017 (opens 5 June)
|When||09:00 AM, 27 Sep 2017–06:00 PM, 29 Sep 2017|
|Where||Kyoto University, Japan|
|Contact Name||Takashi Watanabe|
|Add event to Calendar|