WDS Asia–Oceania Conference 2019
Since the ICSU era, establishment of data-oriented networks in developing areas is one of the efforts of the WDS. Along this line, the ‘WDS Asia–Oceania Conference 2017’ was held on 27–29 September 2017 in Kyoto, Japan, bringing together 107 data practitioners, data repository managers, and researchers from 17 countries, mainly in the Asia–Oceania region. During the Conference, it was recognized that continuous efforts are vital to build a collaborative network of data repositories in developing regions. Following this common understanding, the WDS Asia–Oceania Conference 2019 will be held on 7–8 May 2019 in Beijing, China. This conference is hosted by the Institute of Geographic Sciences and Natural Resources Research, Chinese Academy of Science.
Call for Papers/Abstracts
We are pleased to invite you to be part of the WDS Asia–Oceania Conference 2019 and to present your relevant data-related work (see below). Papers/abstracts should be submitted through the Conference website by 10 March 2019:
Authors will be notified of acceptance before the end of March 2019.
When preparing your paper/abstract, please note that it should address one of the following conference themes:
- Data acquisition – Barriers and efforts.
- Practices for preservation and provision of quality-accessed research data.
- Infrastructures for international and collaborative activities on data.
- Application of advanced technologies to data management.
- Enhancement of data standards or best practices for data management.
- Promotion of Open Science and Open Data activities (including data publication).
- Data-driven science cooperation and sustainable development (e.g., the UN Sustainable Development Goals).
- Supporting early career researchers in data-oriented activities.
All submissions will be compiled and made available to attending participants, and the Proceedings of the Conference will be published as a special issue of the Data Science Journal.
- Registration: 15 November 2018–15 April 2019
- Abstract Submission: 15 November 2018–10 March 2019
- Application for Support: 1 January 2019–15 February 2019
- Notifications of abstract acceptance: before end-of-March 2019
- Notifications of support: 15–20 February 2019
- Hotel Reservation: 1 March 2019–27 April 2019
- Conference: 7–8 May 2019
Conference Room 2602, Institute of Geographic Sciences and Natural Resources Research, Chinese Academy of Sciences.
Address: A11, Datun Road, Chaoyang District, Beijing, China.
Hosts and Organizers
Convener and Host
World Data System of the International Science Council (www.world-data-system.org)
Institute of Geographic Sciences and Natural Resources Research, Chinese Academy of Sciences (http://www.igsnrr.cas.cn/)
|When||09:00 AM, 07 May 2019–06:00 PM, 08 May 2019|
|Where||Institute of Geographic Sciences and Natural Resources Research, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China|
|Contact Name||Prof Juanle Wang|
|Add event to Calendar|