ESIP Summer Meeting 2014 and WDS Town Hall
- Keynote plenaries on software sustainability from multiple perspectives (data center, science and entrepreneurial)
- Breakout sessions on software metrics, attribution of software and source code and building community around a software package
- Half-day training on Agile software development practices and a discussion session on Agile in use around the ESIP Federation
- 2-day Software Carpentry Boot Camp which will teach researchers basic lab skills for scientific computing: the tools and techniques that will help them get more done in less time, and with less pain. Covers Unix Shell, Python or R, Git and Github and SQL. Great for scientist looking to learn basic coding!
- Additional opportunities to present your work in sessions proposed and at the poster session the evening of July 9.
WDS would like to build on the fact that some of its Members are active participants in the ESIP Federation to find synergies and establish mutually beneficial collaborations. A WDS Town Hall meeting organized on 10 July will be an opportunity for those with an interest in ICSU-WDS, both current and prospective Members, to liaise with some members of the WDS Scientific Committee and the International Programme Office in an informal environment. Discussions will no doubt include—but will not be limited to—an introduction to ICSU-WDS, the benefits of your organization becoming a WDS Member and the application procedure, as well as the current initiatives that ICSU-WDS is undertaking and those planned for the future.
|When||12:00 PM, 08 Jul 2014–12:00 PM, 11 Jul 2014|
|Where||Frisco, CO , USA|
|Contact Name||Erin Robinson|
|Add event to Calendar|