Scientist Opportunity at GHRC and UAH
The University of Alabama in Huntsville is looking for a senior level scientist to be a leader in science and data management in the Global Hydrology and Resource Center Distributed Active Archive Center (GHRC DAAC; WDS Regular Member) and other related activities and projects. The scientist will be a key member of GHRC DAAC's leadership team, functioning as the link between data users, the GHRC team, data providers, and NASA management. Responsibilities include:
- Leading communications to GHRC's science data users and data providers.
- Acting as a public liaison with government, scientific organizations, academia, and other external stakeholders.
- Developing web content, including highlighting key atmospheric issues related to GHRC data.
- Coordinating data publication and new data acquisition activities with the data management team.
- Assisting and supporting with development of research proposals for external funding.
Candidates should have a PhD in Atmospheric Science or related field with at least 2 years related experience or a M.S. in Atmospheric Science or related field with at least 5 years related experience. Interested scientists should possess the following characteristics:
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and communications skills, with data management and science outreach experience a plus.
- Solid understanding of precipitation, hurricanes, lightning, or other hydrological or atmospheric weather phenomena.
- Research presentation and publication experience using NASA data.
- Leadership experience including advising/training team members and setting team goals.
- Comfortable actively participating in meetings of various types: enterprise-wide, within organization, scientific conferences.
Please contact Dr. Sara Graves if you are interested or have questions.