IDW 2018: Online Registration Open Until 4 November
Registration is officially open for International Data Week 2018 (IDW 2018), which will take place 5–8 November 2018 in Gaborone, Botswana. The Early Bird pricing is now closed, but you can still register online until 4 November 2018, and reduced pricing is available for students and attendees based in Low and Middle Income Countries. [Note: Pre-register here to also join the WDS Data Repositories Day on 9 November.]
Co-organized by the Botswana Open Data Open Science Forum represented by University of Botswana (UB), the Academy of Science of South Africa (ASSAf), the Committee on Data (CODATA) of the International Science Council, the World Data System (WDS) of the International Science Council, and the Research Data Alliance (RDA), this landmark event combines the 12th RDA Plenary Meeting, SciDataCon 2018 and numerous other co-located events hosted by data-focused organizations from around the globe.
With the theme ‘The Digital Frontiers of Global Science’, IDW 2018 will be a rich week of science and data, filled with plenary sessions and panel discussions featuring many renowned international data experts including:
- Rob Adam, South African Radio Astronomy Observatory and Square Kilometre Array
- Phaik Yeong Cheah, University of Oxford and Wellcome Research Programme, Bangkok
- Ian Foster, Argonne National Laboratory
- Fosca Giannotti, Research at the Information Science and Technology Institute
- Jörg Helmschrot, Southern African Science Service Centre for Climate Change and Adaptive Land Management (SASSCAL)
- Elizabeth Marincola, African Academy of Sciences
- Tshilidzi Marwala, University of Johannesburg
- Simeon Materechera, North West University
- Joy Phumaphi, African Leaders Malaria Alliance
- Ismail Serageldin, Bibliotheca Alexandrina
Conference and breakout sessions are a key component of IDW 2018, with the event featuring greater than 120 separate sessions led by the RDA, WDS, and CODATA member communities to address key issues and trends in the data community. A detailed programme listing these sessions will be announced in the coming days.
What are you waiting for?
Register soon and join us in beautiful Botswana for a week filled with collaboration, idea sharing, and innovation.
- More information at http://internationaldataweek.org/